To use the Site to submit a business pitch or share information (collectively a “Submission”), you must agree and be bound by the following terms. By use of the Site, you represent and agree:
- You are at least 18 years old and, when necessary, are authorized to access the Site for any business or employer you represent.
- When requested, you provide correct information, including your full name, the legal name of the business you represent, and a current email address.
- You will maintain the security of any account and password issued to you and will be liable for any activity using your account and password, whether or not authorized.
If you do not comply with these requirements, your access to the Site may be terminated.
- YOUR SUBMISSION IS NOT ENTITLED TO PROTECTIONS AS CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, OR TRADE SECRET INFORMATION AND WILL BE DISCLOSED TO THE RESEARCH PARK AND OTHER RELEVANT INDIVIDUALS.
- You own or have the right to use all content (graphics, data, links etc.) in your Submission. If you are making a Submission on behalf of a business or your employer, you are authorized by that party to use the content for a Submission.
- The Submission does not infringe upon or violate the rights of any party, including copyright, trademark, trade secrets or patent. You will defend, indemnify and hold the Growth Partnership and any Recipient (defined below) harmless from and against any claims, damages, costs and fees arising out of any actual or alleged infringement or violation of rights related to your Submission.
- Research Park officers, employees or agents (“Staff”), an Entrepreneurial Advisory Board of volunteer entrepreneurs and industry experts (“EAB”) (each of whom is a “Recipient”). A Recipient may choose to, but has no obligation, to contact you regarding your Submission.
- No Recipient has any liability or obligations of any kind based on review of a Submission and does not owe you any compensation in connection with your Submission. Review of your Submission does not prohibit a Recipient from any future action, whether or not similar to that proposed in your Submission.
- You retain the rights to your content in your Submission, but grant each Recipient a non-exclusive license to view, reproduce and distribute the Submission for purposes of validation, feedback, improvement or potential collaboration or investment.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WE DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO USE OF THE SITE OR ANY RESULTING COLLABORATION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- We do not and cannot warrant your access to and use of the Site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, error or virus free, or the results from the use of the Site or the connections or resulting collaboration will meet your expectations.
- Use of the Site is at your sole risk. You will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from accessing the Site.
You agree not to engage in any of the following activities with respect to the Site:
- Copying, reproducing, distributing, reselling or exploiting the business pitches or slides, or creating derivative works based on them, except as expressly allowed.
- Modifying, adapting or hacking our Site or modifying another Site to falsely imply that it is associated with our Site, the Research Park or the EAB.
- Spamming, mail bombing, spoofing, pharming, phishing or other fraudulent or harmful use of the Site.
- Transmitting any virus, worm, software lock, drop dead device, trap door, back door, time bomb or similar harmful program.
- Any verbal, written or other harassing, abusive or threating behavior to the Research Park Staff, the EAB or any Recipient or their affiliates.